- K-12 Tutoring
- SAME DAY TUTORING AVAILABLE!
- NO Long Term Contracts Necessary.
- Experienced Educational Specialists monitor students' progress.
- A personalized tutoring plan for every student.
- Background Checks on all tutors.
Helpful Physics Formulas
To find the distance an object has traveled when it is thrown:
y = vt - gt2/2
y = distance traveled
v = velocity of the object
g = gravity
t = time
Below you will find some sample physics problems you may see on one of your exams. If you would like one of our San Diego Tutor educational specialists to go over the answers with you, please send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our representatives will contact you.
1) How much force is required to accelerate a baseball at 20 m/s^2? Assume the baseball has a mass of 1 kg.
2) How much force does a baseball exert on a wall if the ball is moving at 10 m/s for a total of 2 seconds before it hits the wall. Assume the baseball has a mass of 1 kg?
3) What is the momentum of an object that is accelerate at 50 m/s2 for 1 hr? Assume the object has a mass of 1 kg.
4) What is the kinetic energy of an object whose mass is 1500 kg and is moving at 15 m/s?
5) What is the potential energy of an object whose mass is 1000 kg and is 200m up?
6) How far would an object travel if its was thrown at a 45 degree angel with a velocity of 75 m/s and travels for 50 seconds. Assume the object has a mass of 1 kg.